Hey all.
After initially starting my journey in taking my writing seriously, I thought
Amazon was the only reasonable choice to go with. After all, they started
as a bookseller, right?
We're now 6 years into this journey and I've made the not-so-difficult decision to
end my relationship with Amazon permanently. Less than 1% of all my sales come
from Amazon, and it has been made clear to me that they are a platform that prefers
to amplify quantity over quality.
This coupled with some internal decisions over payment have led me to starting the process of unpublishing all of my books with them and never again publishing
with them or KDP again.
If you have bought my books on Amazon
you will still be able to read and enjoy them on whichever devices you
choose to do so. But please, if you are reading this, do not continue to buy
my work from Amazon. They are simply a platform I no longer wish to support.
I know my work is a tiny drop in the bucket on their marketplace, but every
bit of resistance counts.
Please consider buying through Smashwords instead. They have the most up-to-date
catalog of my works, I have 100% control over my pricing and revenue, and their business has not been overrun with fucking AI everywhere you look.
It's a clean, simple platform that promotes my work appropriately and as of now
has been the ONLY purchasing platform I am seeing consistent growth on.
Consider buying from them and be sure to leave a review! It helps more
than you think! https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/Sullivan_D.Cohen
Plus, if you're quick, you can currently get all my books free from them!
Comments
Post a Comment